I didn’t blog yesterday. I had a lot going on. Getting my holter monitor off…going to the hospital for rehab clinic…stuff.
By the end of the day, I was actually quite wiped out. However, there was a pretty important highlight of the day that I need to acknowledge.
My friend, Nicole, set up a crowdfunding page for me on Chuffed.org. I’m so grateful for all of the support I have already received from friends and family. My road to recovery is going to be a long one and through this Chuffed campaign I may have the opportunity to have some assistance for the future.
To give you an idea of the impact on my life, here are some things that I have had to modify or install since coming home from hospital after my stroke:
- replace all taps so that I am able to turn them (bathroom, kitchen, laundry)
- replace the plumbing for the shower so that I can bring the shower head down while I shower sitting down
- shower chair
- walking stick for daily use
- wheelchair for distances over 100 metres
- install a support rail in the shower
- install a support rail in the toilet
- fix recliner to provide leg support while sitting
- steps to get into bed
- looser clothing so that I can dress myself (due to lack of movement/manoeuvrability)
- …and more
These are just some of the things where I have had to commit my money or will need to in the near future. Right now, I’m not able to work and I have no income or even government assistance. As I said, I am grateful for the assistance that friends and family have already provided by way of meals and/or cash. Some of the things on the list (e.g. plumbing which was close to $3000) are too big for one person to help with so we’re asking for a little help from a lot of people.
I’d like to thank Nicole for getting this started. And I’d like to thank all who have donated and all those who will donate. I am humbled by your generosity.
If you can contribute, please check out the page: https://chuffed.org/project/fiona-murgatroyd