LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE
- What’s your preferred name? My name is Fiona but I prefer Fi or Feebs.
- Do you wear glasses? Yes. I have worn glasses since I was 14 but I don’t need them so much now. I’ve recently been cleared to drive without needing corrective lenses.
- How would you describe your fashion style? I’d call myself reasonably eclectic. I’m probably drawn to things that highlight my curves which I have grown to love. I can’t go past a low cut top!
LAYER TWO: THE INSIDE
- What do you fear? One time I might have answered this by saying something like “heights” or “spiders”. These days, I think my greatest fears are to do with any harm befalling my little Snugglepot.
- What is your guilty pleasure? <hangs head> Reality TV shows. I’ve recently started watching some of the cooking shows. I honestly have no explanation for why.
LAYER THREE: YOUR THOUGHTS
- What was your first thought when you woke up today? Well, I first woke to the whimpers of Snugglepot after having had only about 2 hours of sleep so my first thought was “Nooo! Please go back to sleep”. I went into her room and picked her up and sat with her in the recliner and we both went back to sleep.
- What you think about most? My “To do” list. All the things that I have to get done before I’ll be truly satisfied. Then I think I’d like to not have a running list in my head at all times. It’s pretty exhausting.
LAYER FOUR: WHAT’S BETTER?
- To be loved or respected? To quote the little girl in the taco ad, “Why not both?” Actually, I don’t think you’re really loving a person if you don’t also respect them. So this is a silly question, isn’t it?
- Dogs or cats? I have a cat (I used to have two), so I’d have to say cats or else he’ll get upset with me. I have a fear of big dogs (as mentioned in a previous post) but I quite like little breeds like Maltese.
LAYER FIVE: BELIEF
- Believe in yourself? Yes. I don’t think I used to but as I get older I’m more sure of who I am. I’m probably less sure of who others are but I’m getting a pretty good handle on me.
- Believe in love? Oh yes! I have been in and out of love. There are different types of love and I’ve experienced a few kinds. I heartily recommend it. I’m quite in love with my fiancé and I love him and our daughter with a love that I have never known.
LAYER SIX: YOUR TALENTS
- Do you play a musical instrument? I play the organ and keyboard. I can’t say I play piano even though that’s what I first learnt on. Unfortunately, I have not got the strength in my hands to play it with any finesse. I also sing. Actually, I do both of these things professionally. It’s currently my main source of income. So I must be doing something right.
- Do you enjoy cooking? I do, actually. I’m surprised to say that. I love creating new dishes from whatever I find in the kitchen. Some of my best meals were born from almost bare cupboards.
- Are you any good at gardening? I am terrible at growing things! I have a pot of basil in the kitchen that I’ve managed to keep alive for some months now and there is no-one more surprised about this than I am!
LAYER SEVEN: YOUR FAVOURITES
- Favourite animal? Hmmm…I’m quite taken with red pandas at the moment. The furry animals are always popular so I’ll add in a non-furry for good measure – I like lizards. I’m always saving skinks and geckos from our cat. I talk to them and apologise for the cat’s behaviour.
- Favourite movie? Amelie
- Favourite book? Catch-22.
LAYER EIGHT: AGE
- How old are you? 39…for a few months more.
- Does age matter? Well, it depends. There are things I want to do that are getting harder to do as I get older. I’m not looking forward to saying I’m 40 but I suppose it’s just another number and when I’m 49 I’ll be wishing I was still 40.