I tend to believe that musical taste opens a window to the soul and makes a statement about a person just as much as appearance, demeanour and behaviour do. But remember, I’m music-obsessed so I’ll naturally place more importance on musical taste than it may deserve.
I’m willing to share with you a list of songs that I have on my playlist here at work. I welcome your comments about what this might say about me as a person.
This is a random selection of the next 10 songs on my iPhone. They come from all genres.
- Runnin’ – The Pharcyde
- Hypnotize (Explicit album version) – The Notorious B.I.G.
- UHF – Weird Al Yankovic
- Fernando (Spanish language version) – Abba
- Push It – Salt-N-Pepa
- Mundian To Bach Ke – Punjabi MC
- Pass the Dutchie – Musical Youth
- Popcorn – Kraftwerk
- This is the life – Weird Al Yankovic
- Bad Habits – Billy Field
I’m having so much fun with this, here’s the next 10!
- Stand and Deliver – Adam & The Ants
- Gnossienne No 1 – Satie
- Going up the Country – Canned Heat
- Love Spreads – Stone Roses
- Lady Marmalade – Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, Mýa & Pink
- Past in Present – Feist
- My Name is Jonas – Weezer
- I’m alive – Seal
- Mushaboom – Feist
- What’s the Buzz/Strange Thing Mystifying (from Jesus Christ Superstar) – Andrew Lloyd Webber & Tim Rice
I realise this is a bit of a cop out post but it’s been “one of those days” and I needed to take my brain out of gear for a day or so. Also, here comes another bit of Fi-revelation, I cannot tolerate silence. I have music playing ALL the time. Silence scares me. If there is no sound I am left with the thoughts in my head which, frankly, frighten the living carp out of me! Psychoanalyse them apples!
So, without further ado, here’s today’s Musical Challenge!
Full moon in the city and the night was young.
I was hungry for love
I was hungry for fun.
This song is almost certainly a comment on my personality. Ooh! Should I have said that? Ha! That reminds me of another song lyric. So here’s a bonus challenge:
Have I said too much?
There’s nothing more I can think of to say to you
Oh! And another one!
Oh no, I’ve said too much
I haven’t said enough
So give me the answer for any of the song lyrics listed here. (Limit one song per player)