On the twelfth day of Christmas
my true love gave to me it was all about…EVERYTHING.
Just like in the Christmas carol, The Twelve Days of Christmas, today was the day when all of the previous days’ gifts (or subjects) get a mention.
So here’s a round up of the first 11 days and a look to see if they popped up today…
- Mum and Dad…not really. I did have a chat with Mum as I do most days.
- Recreation…sorta. I watched a little bit of schlock tv and played a few games on Facebook and my phone.
- Heat…actually, yes! I had lunch in the staff courtyard at work and even got a little sunburn. (grrr)
- Balance…I suppose I’d say ‘yes’ to this as I did my work and had some time for recreation.
- Reflection…Yep – doing it now.
- Relaxation…Ummm…if I consider that I was pretty relaxed as I watched tv earlier, yes.
- Friends…Yep – had lunch with one (a rare and unexpected treat).
- A Hug…yes – I got a couple of those today.
- White goods…No. I successfully avoided having to do any washing or drying today.
- Shopping…No. I bought nothing except a decent coffee for my morning break.
- Family…It’s always about family. As I left for work this morning, hubby was still in bed (lucky sod is still on holidays!) and the cats gave me their usual look which I interpret as “Why are you going somewhere when you can stay and play with us?” The goodbye hug from hubby and the cats’ attempts to lure me to stay always make me feel like staying home with my little family. It is only made better when I come home and I’m greeted with sounds of “Hello. How was your day? Is it play time now? Can you rub my belly?” (some of those are interpretations of meows and some are from hubby – you can decide which is which!)
So that’s a wrap of the 12th day.
Tomorrow is Epiphany. Stay tuned for a wrap up of this #blog12daysxmas challenge.
In case you’ve been hankering to hear the carol, here’s a beautiful rendition from crooner, Perry Como: